Benefits of Blow in Insulation:
- Can get to all the low areas
- Leaves no gaps
- Best for low pitch roofs, rake ceilings, etc
- Less expensive than removing and vacuuming old insulation
- Can be done in 3 to 5 hours for most average homes
- Can be installed over existing insulation
There are 2 types of Blow in Insulation.
- Cellulose is a recycled paper with Borax Acid and Borax. It is fire proof and does not spread flames.
- Rockwall is melted rock such as Dolomite and Basall. It is more condensed, fire proof and does not spread flames.
Blow in Insulation should only be used if your ceiling is hard to access and has many obstructions such as a low roof, ducting, etc.
Most homes are usually accessible and therefore it is generally more efficient to lay Batts. Our experienced insulation specialists can discuss your heating and cooling requirements and advise on the best insulation to meet your needs; within your homes structural parameters.